Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wiston Papers

Is there anything good on TV?



“Hi, Golden Boy,” waitress Beverly greeted us with a smile and coffee.  “This should get you perked up for The Office.”
“Thanks, I need this.  I was Up All Night,” acknowledged John as he yawned and took his first swallow.
“Well, you’re certainly a Person of Interest this morning,”  I said. “What’s up, The Job?”
“No, I was looking at next week’s Fall TV schedule trying to find a Smash.”
“Yeah, there’s not much Glee in that task,” I shook my head.  “It looks pretty Grimm.”
“Maybe so,” argued John.  “The networks are Raising Hope that we’ll see a Revolution of new programming with lots of Happy Endings.”
“John, it will take a Supernatural effort.  The networks all want that X-Factor, but It’s Messy.”
"True, it take’s the right Touch.”
Go On,” I encouraged.
“It looks like there will be lots of Guys With Kids and Partners and...”
“It’s The New Normal with a Modern Family,” I shook my head. “And The Neighors, of course.”
“If you’re a Family Guy, you’re caught in the MIddle looking for shows to satisfy both the kids and The Good Wife.”
“It should be Elementary,” I agreed.
“On the one hand you hope to Do No Harm,” John continued,  “but too often as a Last Resort you settle for 2 Broke Girls or Body of Proof.”
“Hard to know which of those is The Biggest Loser.”
“All the networks are struggling for that Fringe audience.  It’s an Amazing Race for ratings.”
“I think all TV executives have Criminal Minds,” I sipped.  "Instead of trying to improve our Community in the TV room they give us Kitchen Nightmares.
“Sometime I wish we had The Family Tools to take Revenge.”
“Well, if it would Save Me, I’d take the First Cut,” I volunteered.
“I just want to be a good American Dad, you know,” John wiped his eyes with his wet napkin. “Just an American Idol for my kids." 
“Today’s television is a Scandal.  Once Upon A Time there were good shows.  But there’s nothing we can do.  We don’t have The Voice."
“Beverly, we’re talking about the new TV shows.  What do like,” I asked.
“Don’t watch TV,” Beverly informed us as she filled our cups.”
“What...you don’t watch TV,” we replied in shock.
“Nope, gave up on it when I was in college and had a roommate. She controlled the remote control.  I never did Trust  the B--- in Apartment 23.”

Steve Coon
September 20, 2012












No comments:

Post a Comment